Using the Max7 Website
Max7 is a worldwide partnership providing FREE download of high quality children and youth ministry resources, like curriculum, videos, songs, visuals and activities.
The first time you arrive the Max7 website (www.max7.org), you will need to choose between High Speed Internet and Low Speed Internet versions of the website. You will need to select one of these to begin using the website.
There are number of ways to navigate the Max7 website. If you would like to search for a resource you can:
1. Use the search menu located on the left hand side of the homepage. This will allow you to search in 3 ways.
- Bible Reference (Using book name with or without chapter and verse e.g. John, or John 3 or John 3:16)
- Keyword (For example celebration, ministry etc)
- Tags (Choose from a list of frequently used keywords found in the tag list or cloud.)
2. Choose from one of the categories found in the top menu of the Max7 homepage (e.g. Programs and Lessons, Audio Visual or All Categories)
3. Using the tab menu on the homepage which shows
- Featured Resources
- Highest Rated
- Most Popular
4. Using the Featured Categories squares on the bottom right, which highlight some of the resources available on the Max7 website.
Once you have found the resource you want, you can download the resource for free. When you download you will be prompted to agree to the following conditions:
I am downloading this resource for my own use and/or the use of my leaders, children, church or group.
I understand that I am able to copy this resource and distribute it freely and at no cost to others.
I understand that Max7 resources have been freely donated for my use and therefore I will not sell, publish, duplicate or distribute any Max7 resource for sale or profit.
I have read and agreed to the Max7 Terms of Service
Log-in and Community (High Speed Internet Only)
You also have the option of registering with the Max7 website.
- Your most recently viewed resources will be retained for easy access next time you are at the site.
- You can also make a list of favourite resources, so you can go straight to them.
- You can contribute resources to Max7.
- You can provide feedback on Max7 resources in the Comments section for each resource.
You can register by clicking Register in the orange bar at the top of the page.
If you've forgotten your username or password then use the "Forgot?" menu in the orange bar at the top of the page.
If you're having problems logging in then try clearing your browser's cookies and temporary internet files (also known as cache):
- Internet Explorer 7 - Click on Delete Browsing History in the Tools menu
- Internet Explorer 8 - Click on Delete Browsing History in the Safety menu
- For more help with deleting history in Internet Explorer see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835
- Firefox 3 - Click on Clean Private Data in the Tools menu
- Firefox 3.5 - Click on Clear Recent History in the Tools menu (make sure you select 'Everything' for the Time range to clear option)
- For more help with clearing history in Firefox see http://support.mozilla.com/en-us/kb/clearing+private+data
To upload a resource file to the website, you will need to have registered with the Max7 website. Once you had registered you can click the blue box called Upload and Edit Resources on the right of the homepage. There is also an Upload link on the blue menu on the left hand side.
Once you have clicked one of these, follow the instructions to upload your resource.
A moderator will look at every resource uploaded, so don't expect to see it online straight away. You will be notified when it is online.