This site has served 1,460,683 resource downloads to at least 215 countries
42,180,500 resources have been distributed to 200 countries via CD and DVD.
"Foundations" in Training
Seeking After Excellence In Ministry With Children
These twenty principles will assist anyone who wants to seek after excellence in their ministry with children. Each principle leads into practice, and shapes that practice. The principles are listed below. Hit the link to the resource below to download a full copy of the article.
- We will treat each child as a unique individual: We will take the time, and make the effort, to 'tune in' to the life of each child it is our privilege to minister with.
- We will delight in every response a child makes: The question is not, 'can a child respond to the gospel', but 'what does a child's response mean?'
- We will teach so that no unlearning is needed: We will work hard to teach at a level, and in a language, the child can understand.
- We will not demand too much from a child: We need adults in ministry with children, committed to finding out what the starting point for each child is.
- We will not expect too little from the child. We will not underestimate what children are capable of, in relation to God.
- We will see each child as 'family-related.' To be in children's ministry is to be in family ministry: the two are locked together.
- We will encourage and help each child in regular Bible reading.
- We will seek to follow Jesus in our understanding of children and the Kingdom of God. What we believe about children and God shapes out attitude towards them and our ministry with them.
- We will be realistic about human rebellion against God. That humanity has rebelled against God is a given for Christian understanding of things. That children are somehow caught up in that rebellion and its outcome is also a given.
- We will work hard to strengthen nurture, especially in the home and in the church.
- We will nurture our own walk with Christ.
- We will depend, finally, on the Holy Spirit, not techniques.
- We will improve our storytelling ability. Storytelling is one of the most powerful mediums of human communication.
- We will study the world of children and the world of the Bible.
- We will seek to develop critical openness in each child. We want to leave children with an attitude of expectancy about God (openness).
- We will discipline, in the context of love.
- We will include fun and feelings in our ministry with children.
- We will model the gospel, as well as teach it.
- We will be alert to special problems, and know how to refer.
- We will pursue excellence in or ministry with children.
This resource is covered by copyright and shared with Max7 by permission. It may be freely copied for your own use or the use of your leaders, church or group. If you wish to reproduce this material in a published form you will need to contact the copyright holder through email@example.com.
Statement of Faith
The Max7 website's statement of faith, is that of the Lausanne Covenant
View Resources that are in
Select a different Tag